Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Astoria Warrenton Crab, Seafood and Wine Festival. In order for our festival to take place each year, we must fill almost 300 volunteer shifts. All volunteers at this event must be 21 or older.
Check out the information below to find the online volunteer application, what to plan for while at the festival and perks!
Chamber Volunteer Schedule
Whenever possible, we try to honor requests for certain volunteering roles, but please be flexible. Sometimes assignments can change at the last minute.
Please sign up online, or bring printed and completed volunteer applications to the Astoria-Warrenton Area Chamber of Commerce in person or email them to the Volunteer Coordinator.
Paper volunteer applications are available at the Chamber offices in Astoria.
If you sign up using the paper form, you will be contacted with your final volunteering schedule prior to the festival. If you sign up using the online system, you will receive reminder emails about your volunteering shift(s).
Ambassador Beer Garden Volunteer Schedule
The Chamber’s Ambassador committee operates a beer garden at the Astoria Warrenton Crab, Seafood & Wine Festival. They use the funds from this endeavor to provide scholarships to local graduating high school students looking to pursue higher education.
We host a volunteer orientation for new and returning volunteers on the Wednesday prior the festival. During the orientation, Chamber staff members provide information about festival best practices and help answers any questions you might have about your volunteering role.
- Who: New & returning volunteers
- What: Volunteer Orientation
- Where: Clatsop County Fair & Expo Center, 92937 Walluski Loop in Astoria.
- When: Wednesday, April 22 – 4:00 p.m. OR 5:30 p.m. (same information presented each time)
- Pizza provided for everyone at 5:00 p.m.
- Why: To provide information about the event and get volunteer agreements and OLCC forms signed
- Wear comfortable shoes – Some volunteer roles require being on your feet some or most of the time.
- Dress for the outdoors – While we hope for nice weather during the festival each year, we’re not always that lucky. On chilly or rainy days, please wear a jacket, as many volunteer stations are outside or near open doors.
- Eat before your shift – There’s not always time for a snack break during your volunteer shift, so fill up your tummy ahead of time. We will have a circulating staff member handing out bottles of water and snacks. That staff member will also relieve volunteers to use the bathroom, since volunteer posts cannot be left unattended during the festival.
- Take the FREE shuttle *NEW LOCATION* – We provide a free volunteer/vendor shuttle from CMH Field – Astoria Sports Complex. All parking at the festival is expensive, and it is extremely limited. The shuttle can get delayed during peak festival hours, so leave extra travel time in your schedule. There are two dedicated Volunteer/Staff shuttle buses that only run during the listed times (see below).
- Check in at the Festival Info Booth – When you arrive at the fairgrounds, enter the building through the doors to the left of the main entrance. A staff member at the information booth will check your name off the list, ensure you filled out all your paperwork and direct you to your volunteer location.
Perks of Being a Volunteer
We genuinely appreciate each and every person who volunteers at our festival. As a small token of that appreciation, we offer the following perks:
- One Volunteer Shift:
- FREE ADMISSION to the festival for the entire weekend! Just check in at the Festival Info Booth (instead of going through the main entrance) when you’d like to take advantage of your free admission. Volunteering on Sunday? Use your free admission on Friday and/or Saturday! Volunteering on Friday? Come back on Saturday and/or Sunday to enjoy the festival!
- FREE FESTIVAL WINE GLASS! You can pick up your wine glass at the Festival Info Booth after your final shift, or pick it up at the Chamber of Commerce the week after the festival.
- Two or More Volunteer Shifts:
- FREE RETAIL VOUCHER for our festival store! You can pick up your voucher at the Festival Info Booth after your final shift. Put your voucher toward the purchase of any festival merchandise you’d like, such as a hat, t-shirt or more! Not redeemable for cash. May only be used at the festival retail booth (valid 4/24/20 – 4/26/20) or at the Chamber Visitor Center in Astoria (valid 4/27/20 – 5/31/20).
Read the section below to find out about our prize drawing for volunteers!
Spoil a Volunteer
For each shift worked, a volunteer will also have their name entered in a drawing for fun prizes! That means, if you work three shifts, your name will be thrown into the “hat” (aka number randomizing software) three separate times. Spoil a Volunteer prizes include gift cards to local Chamber member businesses, goodie baskets and bottles of Oregon wine. Volunteers will be emailed a week or two after the festival with the list of winners.
FREE Volunteer Shuttle Bus Service
Due to limited parking at the fairgrounds, volunteers will be provided door-to-door service by catching the dedicated Vendor/Volunteer Shuttle. This is the closest shuttle parking lot to the fairgrounds and is designated for festival support personnel. Volunteers should be able to catch the Vendor/Volunteer Shuttle within 20 minutes from the pick up spot. There are two dedicated Vendor/Volunteer shuttle buses running during the listed times.
- Friday, April 24 – 2:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 25 – 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Sunday, April 26 – 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
*NEW LOCATION*: CMH Field – Astoria Sports Complex, 1800 Williamsport Rd., Astoria